Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hiddenite Exhibit

My favorite piece:  Mermaid evening gown.
Well, tomorrow I take my 42 pieces to The Hiddenite Center for my largest ever exhibition of one of a kind pieces.   Hopefully the next one won't be quite as stressful.  It wasn't the one woman show I had asked for, but Helen Keever will be showing water color pieces that won't detract from my mostly pedestal pieces. It is so much more work than I imagined, not only creating the 15 or so new, one of a kind, never made them before pieces, but cataloging and documenting everything.  Part of my exhibit is education of how the pieces came to be and who inspired their creation.
I've been wanting to do a full set of dishes in my fiesta inspired pattern
The show will run from maybe Oct 7- 30.  The reception will be on the 30th... why at the end?  Out of my hands in scheduling that.

No comments:

Post a Comment