To use with the apple baker:
1 apple, cored 2 tbs chopped walnuts or
1 tbs flour pecans
3 tablespoons sugar 1 tbs melted butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon 1 tbs water
Core and peel apple, (optional).
Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix well
Roll apple in melted butter then in sugar mixture.
Put in apple baker on post and and nuts and water.d
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done or microwave as you would a potato.
The flour in this recipe turns the juice from the apple into caramel.
A couple of Ideas for Baked Brie:
1/2 lb brie cheese, rind removed
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
Preheat oven to 350 F
Place cheese in dish and top with nuts and syrup.
Bake 8-10 min until cheese is almost melted.
Serve with melba toast or crackers.
Wrap cheese in Pillsbury Crescent roll dough rind and all and bake as above until rolls are browned.
Lately, since quitting dairy, I've been using the Brie baker for a single serving ramekin. Here is a casual recipe for
Fruit Crisp for one or two:
- Fruit of your choice to fill the baker: apples, berries, peaches
- Some sugar,(experiment depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- A tablespoon of your favorite starch thickener mixed w/ the sugar and sprinkled over the fruit.
- Top with your favorite crumb topping, ( I use a processed mixture of nuts, coconut, and dates).
- Dot with butter and bake in your toaster oven for 35 min or so at 350, being careful to cover with foil as the top begins to brown.
Lemon Chicken on a bed of Sauerkraut
1 fryer with the back bone cut out and breast bone cracked to lay flat, (tuck under wing tips)
1 quart good sauerkraut
1/2 tsp ground hot red pepper
1/2 tsp dried rosemary crumbled
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 375oF
- Rinse and squeeze dry kraut and put in baker bushed with 1 tsp of the oil.
- Mix in the red pepper and rosemary.
- Arrange chicken skin side up over kraut, covering all the kraut.
- Rub chicken with 1/2 lemon juice, rest of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake 1-1/2 hrs, rubbing down with the other half lemon half way through cooking.
|Full size one shown here|
Quick Sticky Buns
1 tbs corn syrup 3 tbs chopped walnuts or pecans
3 tbs brown sugar 3 tbs melted butter
1 tbs cinnamon 1 can flaky biscuits*
Mix the butter and cinnamon. Use some to coat the pan.
Place 2 tbs of nuts, 2 tbs of brown sugar and corn syrup in the bottom of the mini tube pan.
Dip biscuits in the butter mixture and stand on edge in the pan on top of the nuts.
Sprinkle in between layers with the remaining nuts and sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. Turn out on plate while still hot.
* size of biscuits will effect the amount of butter and cinnamon needed.
... and my Aunt Eva's DELICIOUS ...
1/4 Fresh Apple Cake
1/4c oil 1 chopped apple
1/4c walnuts 1/4 tsp ea salt, soda,
1/2 c sugar cinnamon, vanilla,&
3/4c flour allspice
1 sm egg
Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix all ingredients except nuts and apples. Blend well
Add apples and nuts.
Bake in tube pan until tester comes out clean,about 40 min.